The PTA runs an extensive range of school bus services across the South Island School zone. The bus service is contracted out to Kwoon Chung Bus Services by the PTA.
Most students will be picked up very close to their homes or at public transport nodal points. Please note that the bus service is not meant to provide a door-to-door service. The school bus service brings children to school in time for the start of school in the morning and takes them home after school in the afternoon.
Morning Pick-up time :
Please login to your Kwoon Chung user account (Final Schedule) for details of the pick-up time. Out of respect for other students, school bus WILL NOT wait for any late arrival in the morning. Students must be at their Bus Stop EIGHT minutes before the pick-up time. On Tuesday mornings when school starts at 10:05 am, the buses will pick up 2 hours later.
Afternoon Departure time :
Monday -Thursday – All buses will leave school at 3.30 pm except for Bus #15 which will leave at 3.25 pm.
On Fridays ALL buses will leave at 1.20 pm.
Please note that “NO CARD NO RIDE” will be strictly enforced. You need to have a bus card to get on the bus.
Lost Bus Card
- Email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com IMMEDIATELY.
- Obtain a temporary card from the PTA office (note:NO-CARD-NO-RIDE policy strictly enforced)
- Pay $50 (cash) to the PTA for the replacement card (Any bus card lost will incur a cost of $50)
- PTA will inform you when replacement card is ready for collection
- Return the temporary card to the PTA.
Please CLICK HERE for the following Online Services available:-
- Change of Address / Bus Services
- Change of Drop Off Arrangement
- Change of Services
- Termination of Services
- Lost and Found on School Bus
- Any Enquiries
Temporary Bus Swap
This is only applicable on days when After-school Activites are running. Only Authorised bus riders (with bus card) are allowed to swap bus or to travel on a different bus and this is only if seats are available. Temporary swap bus users should sit near the bus driver.
2019-2020 – School Bus Application
Kwoon Chung Motor Co. Ltd. will operate an ONLINE platform with South Island School Parent Teacher Association Ltd for registration of the school bus service.
The system will provide:
- Online payment of bus fees.
- Issue bus cards for students to swipe when boarding and alighting from the school bus.
- SMS for parents due to delay of school bus (more than 15 minutes) and contingency
- Parents can check the bus GPS location, the swipe-on and swipe-off details of their child.
- Report lost and found property using the online portal.
Please CLICK HERE for Bus Information , Bus Fee, tentative Bus Schedule, User Guide for application and to proceed with the ONLINE registration of the school bus.
Please note that the bus seats are allocated on a first come first served basis but priority will be given to New Year 7 students. Parents should submit the application on or before May 31, 2019
After School Activities Bus
Please CLICK HERE for activities bus route. The after-school activities buses are organized by the school. For enquiries, please contact the school at 2555 9313. Please note that this is a complimentary service from Kwoon Chung Company for current bus card holders only, no additional cost is incurred. Therefore, students should carry a valid bus card for swiping when boarding/alighting.
These buses are not intended to duplicate the regular school bus service, nor are they intended to provide a door-to-door service. The buses are to provide some assistance to students following extra-curricular activities. The aim is to allow students to connect with public transport to school or from school to home. If you do not wish your child to use public transport, you must make arrangements to collect him/her from school.