Artificial Astro Turf
- Suitable for 5 a-side football and other outdoor activities
- Floodlit for evening bookings
- Multi-purpose venue for major school events
- Well equipped with good sound and lighting system for assemblies, concerts, drama shows, etc.
- Equipped for two outdoor courts for basketball, netball, volleyball and tennis
- Floodlit for evening bookings
- Suitable for playing matches, practice or playing ballgames
- Air-conditioning and audio system are provided and well-lit
- 30m x 20m
- Including 6 badminton courts, 1 netball court, 3 volleyball courts, 2 practice basketball courts, a rock climbing wall and a full-length court – ideal for multi-purpose activities
- Can be split in half by an electronic curtain for multi-activity events
- Bath facilities are available
- Ball games and gymnastics training courses are held regularly for different age groups
- Climbing wall inside the Sports Hall with belay lines and colour-coded routes available and is a good place for the teens to start and hone their skills on the overhang section
25m Indoor Swimming Pool
- Indoor and heated during the winter months
- Length: 25m x 6m
- Depth: 1.1m to 3m
- Ideal for swimming class and scuba diving activities
- Multi-purpose venue for classes, major school events and fairs
- Self-study and meeting rooms perfect for students to enjoy
- Relaxing lounge area for senior students
- Encouraging environment for students to study and seek advice from counsellors
The John Wray Atrium
- Serves as multi-function room – suitable for holding conference, activity and catering
- Equipped with projector and screen for events and prize presentations
- Includes an outdoor balcony – ideal for having tea and enjoy the marvellous mountain view
- Spacious dining area with high capacity
- Efficient service with quality food
- Comes with a wide range of food options
Design Technology Workshop Rooms
- Four rooms can be turned into one big room to hold large scale workshops
- Essential equipment provided to students offering great learning and necessary practice opportunities
- Equipped with display cupboards to showcase students’ exceptional work
Food Technology Workshop Rooms
- Safe rooms with ovens and essential culinary equipment
- Great entry training ground for cooks and industry professionals
- Abundant working space for students and teachers
- Located on the upper floors in S Block
- Sound proof with professional sound and lighting equipment
- Ideal for drama performance, theatrical training, yoga and dancing
Learning Resources Centre (Library)
The Learning Resources Centre (Library) has a very pleasant environment and quiet atmosphere on the first floor where all students are welcome to use the resources and facilities.
The LRC is open from 8:00am to 4:45pm (Mon – Fri) and is available for all teaching and learning activities as well as leisure reading or private study.
There are two librarians who are always there to help with enquiries and a team of student librarians who assist with LRC programmes and general duties.
The LRC has a large and comprehensive collection, which supports the study and leisure needs of our diverse and multi-cultural school population. We provide a wide range of resources in a variety of formats from print, audio-visual to e-resources, which may be borrowed or used by whole school community.
LRC has its own online resources platform on the school Learning Gateway. Students are benefiting from the free access of the Library Online Catalogue and a wide range of e-resources anywhere at anytime.
To promote information literacy and the pleasure of reading, the LRC has been running various programmes and activities throughout the year. All Year 7 students have a bi-weekly lesson in the LRC to learn their research skills which to be of use to them throughout their school life. Workshops and tutorials are provided to different year or subject groups to support the curriculum and individual needs. LRC also plays an active role in promoting reading and literary activities. The annual Readathon programme not only places a positive stimulus to widen the students’ reading horizon, but also encourages them to make a difference in caring of others and contributing to the community.
Students enjoy the learning environment and the reading and working atmosphere of this busy hub of school and make rich use of our many resources in their learning.