South Island School is a recognised centre for IGCSE, GCSE and IB examinations.
In Years 10 and 11 students take either UK GCSEs or International GCSE courses. Further information can be found using the following links:
Further information on courses offered can be found in the Middle Years Curriculum.
The main pathways offered to students in Years 12 and 13 are the IB Diploma Pathway and the Applied Learning Pathway.
The IB Diploma allows students to study six subjects, generally three at higher level and three at standard level. In addition, students study a Theory of Knowledge course and complete an Extended Essay and a Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) component; these all give students opportunities to excel in different fields and to pursue their own interests. Further information can be found at www.ibo.org
The Applied Learning Pathway has the Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC) qualifications at its core and has been developed over the past few years to meet the needs of students who enjoy and do best at more practical styles of learning. Further information can be found here.
Summer 2023 Results Days
- IBDP, IBCP and IB Course: Online 6 July @ candidates.ibo.org (earliest release 8pm onwards HK time)
- Cambridge IGCSE: Online 16 August @ myresults.cie.org.uk (3pm onwards HK time)
- Edexcel IGCSE: Online 24 August @ resultsplusdirect.co.uk(4pm onwards HK time)
- AQA IGCSE: 24 August @ Results will be emailed by Exams office (3.30pm onwards HK time)
Year 11 leavers, please email email@example.com for the scanned copy of AQA results.
- 2023 certificates (BTEC, IB, and I/GCSE) are available now.
We have certificates from previous years on file and these can be collected from the Exams Office by appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the arrangement.
If you are in Hong Kong, you must collect your certificates in person. Please bring your photo ID for verification purposes. Certificates can be sent to students with an overseas address by registered airmail. Please note, there will be risks of physical loss or damage during mail delivery. In such cases, students will be responsible for the cost of certificate replacement. Alternatively, you may authorise someone to collect the certificate(s) on our behalf. Please notify the Exams Office (email@example.com) in advance. The authorised person will need to present a copy of your ID for verification purposes.
- I/GCSE 2023 Mock Exam Briefing
- IB – May 2023 Exams Briefing
- JCQ Information For Candidates
- JCQ Social Media Information For Candidates
- JCQ Information for Candidates – Written Exams
- JCQ Warning to Candidates Poster
- JCQ Unauthorised Item Poster
- Cambridge Information for Candidates
- Cambridge Notice to Candidate
- Cambridge Candidate Warning Poster
- JCQ Instructions for Conducting Coursework ELC and Project
- JCQ Instructions for Conducting non-examination assessments (controlled assessments)
- JCQ Teachers sharing controlled assessments and coursework
- Cambridge Teacher Assessment