PTA Committee 2022-23
Honour with Books
As a school, we are committed to working in partnership with parents in order to achieve the very best education possible.
Parents support us in a number of ways:
First and foremost, we ask parents to take an active interest and involvement in their children’s work at school and their progress. This will include monitoring and supporting their work at home, signing their homework planner, and encouraging them to take full advantage of the wide range of opportunities on offer at school. SIS PTA holds Annual General Meeting in Term One, at which we like to see all parents and teachers to attend. There are other information and education evenings during the year to keep parents informed about various aspects of school life.
The PTA expects SIS parents to contact us should they have any worries or concerns about any aspect of their children’s education or progress. The PTA strongly encourages all parents to be involved with us and to support our social, educational, and fundraising activities which enhance the overall learning experience for SIS students.
PTA COMMITTEE 2022-2023
- Florence Wan (Chairlady parent of Hedia Wan 10M1)
- Cindi Hui (Vice Chairlady, parent of Samantha & Spencer Choy 10N1)
- Pauline Lam (Treasurer, parent of Jason Chu 09N2)
- Harsh Agarwal (Committee Member, parent of Aashi Agarwal 09K1)
- Helen Choi (Committee Member, parent of Ryan Liem 08M1)
- Sandy Tse (Committee Member, parent of Ethan Lui 09S2)
- Gloria Wong (Committee Member, parent of Kingsley To 11M1)
- Carolyn Andrews,Principal
- Darin Slethaug, Vice Principal – Values In Action & Learning Systems
- Gemma Mackintosh, Teacher of Science
- Andy Thums, Head of Year 9
In accordance with the ESF Ordinance and Regulations, membership of the PTA is mandatory for all ESF families. It is compulsory for all families to pay the relevant fee. The SIS PTA Membership is at HK$600 per family for 2020/2021 school year.
Please Note: The PTA Membership Fee is included in the “Start of Year Charges” invoice which you receive from South Island School before the school commences in August.
To view a copy of the Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS), please click here
The School in partnership with the PTA runs a parent volunteer scheme and large numbers of parents help out in many areas of school life. We always appreciate your time and thoughts to serve our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please CLICK HERE to register.
HONOUR WITH BOOKS
The SIS PTA invites you to participate in an exciting project designed to allow you to pay lasting tribute to a student by placing a newly purchased book and bookplate in the school library collection. We invite you to donate a book for academic honours, birthday, graduation or any other events that are special to you and your family. Our librarian will purchase a book(s) and a bookplate with your child’s name placed in the front. Your child’s name will also be displayed on the Honour with Books Programme TV outside the library.
Over the years, SIS PTA has made donations on behalf of the leaving Teachers and retiring PTA Committee Members to recognize their dedication and commitment to the school and the students.
- Donation List for 2013/2014 School Year
- Donation List for 2014/2015 School Year
- Donation List for 2015/2016 School Year
- Donation List for 2016/2017 School Year
- Donation List for 2017/2018 School Year
- Donation List for 2018/2019 School Year
- Donation List for 2019/2020 School Year
PTA Office (Inquiry, Feedback, and Donations)
- Monday – Thursday (8:00 am – 3:30 pm),
- Friday (8:00 am – 1:30 pm)
- Lunch Hour (11:15 am – 12:15 pm)
- Telephone: 2240 6773
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTA Office are open on school days and CPD. It is close during school holidays. Any other closures will be advertised through parent messages and on school website.