It is necessary sometimes for students to transfer to schools overseas due to family relocation. In such cases the principal and ESF should be informed as soon as possible of the impending withdrawal from school. South Island will provide transcripts and references as required by the receiving school and can arrange for admissions tests to be completed at SIS. Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org in such cases.
ESF Withdrawal Policy
If your child is going to withdraw from the school, please complete and submit the Student Withdrawal Form via the ESF App at least one calendar month before the last attendance date.
If you are withdrawing your child at the end of this academic year, please complete and submit the Student Withdrawal Form via the ESF App (information on how to access the form can be found HERE) on or before 1 June. Otherwise, we will assume that your child is returning after summer and parents are liable to the tuition fees for September even if the student does not return to school.
- If a family has more than one child attending ESF schools, please submit individual withdrawal notice for each child.
- Tuition fees are charged for a complete month. There’s no pro-rata adjustment for attendance for part of a month.
- Any change of last attendance date / cancellation of withdrawal is subject to the availability of school places at respective schools.
- If there is any credit balance / refundable capital levy on account, refund will be made via the designated auto-pay account.
- Please expect the financial settlement, including any eligible refund, will be completed within two calendar months after student’s last date of attendance. (For secondary students who may be on examination leave, the last day of attendance is deemed to be the last day of the academic year.)
- Parents are required to pay the non-refundable capital levy and admissions deposit as a new enrolment if their child re-enters any ESF school after the date of withdrawal.
Should you have any enquiries regarding student withdrawal, please contact the school admissions office for assistance.
The information submitted on the form is being collected in accordance with the ESF Personal Data Handling Policy and its related Personal Information Collection Statements (“PICS”). A copy of the PICS can be found on the ESF website http://www.esf.edu.hk/