Our Open Day, originally scheduled for Friday September 4th 2020, has been rescheduled due to the restrictions in place from COVID-19. We are very much looking forward to the day that we can invite you into school to see teaching and learning in action but in the meantime, we want to share with you important information regarding our curriculum.
We have many new families joining South Island School as well as returning families moving into different phases of the school and want to provide you with the information you need to further support your child and give you a better understanding of teaching and learning at SIS.
Each member of our Leadership Team as well as Heads of Faculty have prepared short presentations to explain the different aspects of our school. We hope you find the presentations below informative and we welcome you to contact us if you have any questions.
We want to thank you for all your support during this difficult time and look forward to seeing you all very soon
- Open Day 2020-21 Introduction Video – Principal: Mr. Tom Vignoles
- Open Day 2020-21 Main Presentation – Leadership Team
- Well-Being Presentation – Vice Principal: Ms. Lucie Purves
- Values In Action Presentation – Vice Principal: Mr. Darin Slethaug
- Teaching & Learning Presentation – Vice Principal: Mr. Carolyn Andrews
- Middle Years Programme Presentation – Head of Post 11, MYP Coordinator: Mr. Shaine Bushell
- IGCSE/GCSE Presentation – Head of Post 14: Ms. Fran Crouch
- IB Presentation – Head of Post 16: Ms. Kelly Diaz
- English Presentation – Head of English: Ms. Flick Percival
- Maths Presentation – Head of Maths: Mr. James Lewis
- Science Presentation – Director of Science: Mr. Jason Benton
- Physical and Health Education Presentation – Director of Sports & Extra Curriculum: Mr. Jon Redding
- Languages Presentation – Head of Languages: Mr. Sam Thater
- Creative Arts Presentation – Head of Creative Arts: Ms. Kymaree Sheater
- Design Presentation – Head of Design: Ms. Beverly Cook
- Individuals and Societies Presentation – Head of Individual and Societies: Ms. Syrita Nicholas
- Global Thinking Presentation – Head of Interdisciplinary Learning: Ms. Chile Le
- Individual Needs Presentation – Director of Inclusion For Learning: Ms. Emma Jamet