South Island School is pleased to inform you that the Influenza Vaccination Program 2018 – 2019 is scheduled on Tuesday, 4 December 2018.
Dedicare Medical Staff will be in school to administer the QUADRIVALENT INFLUENZA VACCINE (NORTHERN HEMISPHERE) contains:
- an A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1) pdm09-like virus
- an A/Singapore/INFIMH-16-0019/2016 (H3N2)-like virus
- a B/Colorado/06/2017-like virus
- a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
(QIV, 4 – STRAINS) is available to those who wish to take part. This vaccine is suitable for individuals aged 6 months of age and older.
Who should not receive influenza vaccine?
- Not suitable to those who are allergic to egg or chicken protein, including Neomycin/Gentamycin.
- An individual suffers from fever on the day of vaccination, the vaccination should be deferred till recovery.
- Those with history of Guillain-Barre syndrome, bleeding disorders or on anticoagulants should consult their doctors for advice.
Teacher’s children are welcome to join too.
For children under 12, with HK birth certificate or HKID card, or staff who are over 50 years old with HKID card. They are entitled to the HK government vaccine subsidy program, hence is FREE of charge.
- The cost per vaccine will be HK$200.00.
- Payment will be made on that day (cash only).
- Registration is now open. Please email the School Nurse, Ms. Hui, at email@example.com to register or for further information.
Please click here to download the 2018/19 Influenza Vaccination Consent Form or obtain it at the medical room.
Please click here to download the consent form to use vaccination subsidy for persons aged below 65 years old.
In order to increase flexibility of the service to the students, staff and their relatives who cannot attend the onsite vaccination, you can purchase the vaccine voucher and receive the injection at their local clinic.