Students applying for enrolment to an ESF school, including the two PIS, are placed on a waiting list. Priority for an admissions interview/assessment will be based on the following ranked criteria.
Students who are able to benefit from an English medium education and who (in order) are:
- Corporate Nomination Rights Nominees;
- The children of full-time teaching staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The children of full-time support staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The siblings of students already attending an ESF primary or secondary school, private independent school (PIS) or Jockey Club Sarah Roe School;
- Individual Nomination Rights Nominees;
- Current students requesting internal transfer;
- Children of former students who have attended an ESF/PIS school for a minimum of three years or are former ESF/PIS students returning from a period overseas or siblings of former students who have attended for a minimum of three years and graduated from an ESF/PIS secondary school in Year 13;
- Children attending an ESF International Kindergarten** [Note: contingent upon the child studying in the kindergarten continuously until the end of Term 3 prior to entry into primary school];
- Children nominees from universities with collaboration agreement with ESF; and
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
* Staff are given priority according to employment terms for ESF or the private independent schools.
**Priority for interview is subject to having attended ESF kindergarten for a minimum of two terms prior to the applicable January Year 1 interview period. Students recently arrived from overseas are exempt from the two terms requirement.