ESF schools are non-selective. The only criteria for admission is that students must demonstrate sufficient English language skills so that they can benefit from our English-medium learning environment.
Applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be invited to an interview/assessment when vacancies become available. They will be required to complete age-appropriate assessments to determine their ability to engage with an English medium curriculum.
Foreign passport holders will receive priority over local passport holders. Priority for an interview/assessment will be based on the following ranked criteria:
- Corporate Nomination Rights Nominees;
- The children of full-time teaching staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Ltd*;
- The children of full-time support staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Ltd*;
- The siblings of students already attending an ESF school;
- Individual Nomination Rights Nominees;
- Current students requesting internal transfer;
- The children of former students who have attended an ESF school for a minimum of three years or are former ESF students returning from a period overseas or siblings of former students who have attended for a minimum of three years and graduated from an ESF school in Year 13;
- Children attending an ESF International Kindergarten**;
- Children nominees from universities with collaboration agreement with ESF; and
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
* Staff are given priority according to employment terms for ESF or ESF Educational Services Ltd.
** Priority for Year 1 consideration is subject to having attended K1 by the start of the third term and have completed the whole K2 year. Students recently arrived from overseas are exempt from this requirement.