- All students are expected to participate in ‘SIS goes MaD’ activities.
- The Head of Family, Heads of House and teachers-in-charge of each activity, will approve the final group lists. Any student who has a record of poor behaviour may be excluded from certain trips.
- The teachers-in-charge of activities will not allow the students to engage in any activity that is not covered under the parameters of the description written on the website without consultation with the school or supporting external organisation.
- All groups will be under the supervision and direction of at least one SIS teacher.
- All school conduct and discipline codes will be adhered to throughout the activity. In addition, if travelling abroad we expect students to obey the laws of the host country and to be sensitive to the culture of the people. We expect all students to refrain from any involvement with alcohol or drugs. In some countries, indulging in such activities carries very severe penalties.
- Violations of school rules will be reported to the Head of House for follow-up. Consequences of breaking rules are similar to in-school violations of those rules.
- The cost of medical insurance is included in the prices quoted in the information for all off-site trips.
- For overseas activities,
- The cost includes airfare, accommodation, meals, airport taxes, and insurance. Costs do not include inoculation fees, physician consultation fees or visa fees. There will be no refunds for overseas trips once bookings have been made.
- Students are to ensure that their passport has at least 6-month validity and they have valid visa/entry permit to the countries they are travelling to.
- A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit of HKD2,000 is required.
9. Although we are committed to an equal opportunity policy, some of the activities are very physically demanding which may mean that some students will need one-to-one support for them to be able to participate. Parents should be aware that this can be provided, but only at additional cost. They may also want to consult with activity leaders about the demand involved.
'SIS goes MaD' 2012 is scheduled in the week of November 12. Different year groups will have different activities: