'Making a Difference' is a vital component of our curriculum at South Island School and is full of valuable experiences and memories in which the students learn lifelong skills and values.
The school runs an extensive programme of trips and visits throughout the year to provide oppotunities to make a difference. We value very highly the opportunity to enrich the curriculum with direct experience and the opportunity for our students to undertake a wide variety of experiential learning experiences that contribute to their holistic development. In general terms, while specific provision may vary from year to year according to demand and availability, some examples of trips and visits can be seen below:
- 'SIS goes MaD' 2012 trips (see 'SIS goes MaD')
- Cultural and linguistic exchange trip to Nanchang No.2 School, China and Madrid
- Local and global trips to support curriculum learning in subjects like history, religious studies, art, biology, geography and business studies, etc.
- Sports tours in Asia Pacific region
- Annual trips such as the ski trip
- Activities related trips such as HKAYP, diving courses etc.
Trips and visits are conducted within the guidelines of the ESF trips and visits policy.